Thursday 18 January 2024

Calm ahead, rush behind

Click image to view a bigger version

I think this image feels quite peaceful. It's slightly jarring to remember that there was hectic traffic on the bridge behind me as I took this.
I'm not totally happy with the image, I think I should have taken a few steps to the left to lose the branches in the bottom right, and something about the framing is making my eye twitch in a disconcerting manner - but I think it would have been difficult to get a much better composition from anywhere I was able to access.
I contemplated going much tighter in on the bridge you can see in the distance, with a long exposure to get some light trails, but the bridge I was standing on was vibrating from the traffic, and I think it would have rendered any time exposure a blurry mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment