Monday 8 January 2024

Diodes, Light Emitting, Magnified

Click image to view a bigger version 

LEDs are amazing things. So are macro lenses.
I want to do a bit more extreme macro work again soon, so I'll be revisiting this setup - I used an old Canon FD macro lens, which is probably at least as old as me, mounted on a cobbled together bellows arrangement. I don't think it's done too badly, but I think I can get more out of it with a bit more work, and frankly practise!
It's a long time since I messed about with serious macro work. Somewhere buried in a box, I have a macro focusing rail, which I need to dig out again.
My geared head is also something of a sick puppy, with extremely stiff spots in the movement, so I need to have a proper look at that too.

The LEDs in the photo are 5mm (less than 1/4") across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment