Wednesday 10 January 2024

Stigma

Click image to view a bigger version

The stigma of a daffodil.
It seems that I need to clean my sensor rather urgently. Macro at high magnifications with small aperture settings tends to highlight sensor dust very badly, because the light entering the lens acts like a point source, casting sharp shadows, and accentuating the dust on the sensor.
I had to go a bit mad with the healing brush to make this presentable!
This is the same lens setup tht I used for the LED photo a few days ago. After commenting that the lens was possibly older than me, I looked it up, and it turns out that the FD lenses have a simple date code stamped on the back. This lens is from 1991, so quite a bit younger than I thought it was, although I suppose that's still ancient history in the high turnover photo world!

No comments:

Post a Comment