Saturday 8 June 2024

Snuggles!

Click image to view a bigger version

I went for a sunny early evening wander by the river today. I'm quite pleased with these, and with some others I took today.
I'd recently had some misgivings about the sharpness of my 150-600 lens, but I thought I'd try stopping it down and cranking the shutter speed up to try and get the best out of it. I managed to get these at f/13 @ 1/640 sec, ISO 1600, and it's tamed both the camera shake and fuzziness I had previously been unhappy with.

I've still got a bit of a mental picture from my early DSLR days of anything over ISO 800 being really noisy - but that's not really the case with these more modern cameras. ISO 1600 on the 6D Mk II is pretty clean, and definitely usable.
I need to stop fearing the ISO!

Totally unrelated, but I got my first clear covid test today, so I'm really hoping it's still good tomorrow, which will mean I can see some friends and family at a thing that's been planned for a long time.

A few more after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment