Wednesday 6 March 2024

Blackthorn

Click image to view a bigger version

More fun with stacked macro work today.
I ordered some cheap EF extension tubes from Amazon, so I can get a bit more magnification out of my macro lenses – they seem to work rather well, despite some questionable reviews on the product page.
I've been trying out Helicon Remote to control the 6D Mk II today, and this makes the whole process very straightforward. You get quite an intuitive interface where you can set the extents of the focus range, and then you can kick the process off without touching the camera. It's a bit slower to run the shooting sequence than the built in bracketing on the M6 Mk II, but it’s a lot more controlled, with less guesswork for the end point and number of shots required.

Photos are downloaded on the fly, and immediately after shooting, the photos are sent straight into Focus for stacking.
A quick trip from there to Photoshop for RAW processing, and there you go...

After the jump I've also included another shot of yesterday’s subject – some of the buds are starting to come out now, and I thought they were a rather nice colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment