Wednesday 21 February 2024

Something from nothing

Click image to view a bigger version
An interesting cloud pattern but fairly boring, flat, evening light was what I saw when I left work today, and I almost headed straight home to do some macro work for today's photo, but I've been meaning to revisit this tree for a while, and I thought the pattern in the clouds might line up behind it, perhaps as a black and white image with some interesting textures.
As I parked up and got my boots on, I saw some interesting colours starting to appear, and I realised that it was probably going to be worth my while. After a few minutes, this fiery sunset appeared.
Aside from plonking my hand straight down on top of a patch of stinging nettles, I really enjoyed seeing and shooting this.

I always loved this lens on my APS-C bodies, but in combination with the 6D Mk II, I think it's incredible, and keeps giving me images I'm really happy with. I just seem to keep reaching for it every time I go out.

One more after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment