Saturday 3 February 2024

Happy accident

Click image to view a bigger version
I was messing around with water and flashguns again (there is at least one theme emerging here).
One flash failed to fire on me for one or two shots, perhaps a transient radio issue, or the batteries in were dying, and couldn't keep up; but I ended up preferring the shot where the flash didn't do its thing!
I've included a couple of shots where things went according to plan after the jump.

2 flashes, one each side on the front, one flash, gelled green, on the backdrop, and when it worked, a fourth flash with a tight grid fitted, aimed from the back right.

I've made an interesting discovery that the EOS 80D seems to have much more jitter in its trigger time than the EOS M6 Mk II does. The M6 II seems to have very little jitter, in that subsequent frames triggered identically don't vary much, but the 80D seems to vary quite a lot. I might try and measure it at some point, just for the hell of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment