Saturday 31 January 2009

One Month On...

Well, It's a month since I started this blog. 1/12th of the year gone already.

What's blogging like?
So far, I'm finding that photoblogging oscillates between really easy when I get a shot that clicks, and quite difficult if I've been really busy or uninspired and haven't managed to get a shot.
On these slow days, I've gravitated to macro work which is easy to do when it gets dark or the weather is horrible.
I get ratty if it gets to about 10PM and I haven't got today's shot!

Things I've learnt
I use my 50mm lenses, both f/1.4 and macro, far more than I thought. I had expected to see the 70-200 as the winner, but it's defeated by the humble 50mm. It will be interesting to see if this changes over time.

I've moved away from seeing this as just a 365 project, with a limited lifespan; this may change, but I'd like to carry on after the year is up.

Tags
I've been using tags from the start, but there may be some that don't seem to mean anything. Here's a translation:
365: something to do with the photo a day project
backup: I didn't get a good shot today. Here's one I made earlier.
Named by Heidi: Occasionally my brain seizes up, and my sister names the photo for me.
blah: This post is blah. Words rather than pictures.
Strobist: Something to do with off camera flashes. I learnt to look at my flashes in a new way by reading strobist.com.
The others should be fairly self explanatory, being mainly cameras and lenses.

2 comments:

  1. Ben, though I haven't been commenting I have been watching regularly. I'm impressed by the diversity of your shots and it's delightful to get a peek at your corner of the world. My favorite lens is also my 50mm 1.4. Forces me to work more at composing the shot rather than rely on a zoom to do it for me. I have been reluctant to start a 365 because I know I would beat myself up if I haven't posted that day. I like that you feel free to post an earlier shot. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Karen/kadilady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Karen, It's nice to know someone other than myself is enjoying the project!
    Running the 365 definitely keeps you thinking about what you'll shoot today.

    ReplyDelete