Friday 30 October 2009

30-10-09: Clumber Street


Clumber Street in Nottingham is reputedly one of the busiest shopping streets in Europe, but it's looking fairly sedate here at just after 9am; later in the day it's usually packed.

The 35mm f/2 on APS-C digital is near enough equivalent to a 50mm on full frame (It's actually 56mm equivalent, but it feels about right) I was finding the 50mm was a little bit tight, but I enjoy shooting with a prime, so I went for the 35 to supplement the 50.

So far, it seems to handle quite nicely, and it's pretty sharp.
The only minor gripe I can level at it is the lack of a full-time manual focus ring; you have to switch the lens into manual to manually focus it. I never had an problem with this style of focusing on my old 50mm f/1.8, so I'm sure I'll get used to it again. It's just a niggle after you've been spoilt with USM lenses that have full time manual.
Click image to view a bigger version

No comments:

Post a Comment